Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about EXIM_UID and GID
Pollywog <pollywog@???> probably said:
> On 02-Feb-99 Philip Hazel wrote:
> > I would expect. -d9 is something that Exim understands. I wouldn't
> > expect /etc/rc.d/init.d/mta to understand it. I was trying to get
> > information as to why it wasn't starting the daemon.

> Could I put EXIM_UID=18 and EXIM_GID=18 in my exim configuration
> file and then edit the MTA script and then start Exim? It would be
> easier than recompiling all day :)

No.
EXIM_UID=18 and EXIM_GID=18 are definitions for a _Makefile_.
If you want to put user and group options in the configuration file
you use configuration file options, which are in the spec, in the main
options section.

You could try _reading_ the manuals, though. Just a (annoyed, early
morning bitch) thought.

I use EXIM_UID and EXIM_GID in my Local/Makefile and have been for a
long time with no problems, on my Solaris and FreeBSD boxen.
If you want to put things in the config file, use:

# what user and group to run as when root priv isn't needed.
exim_user = exim
exim_group = exim

P.

--