Re: [EXIM] routing and rewriting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] routing and rewriting
Quoth Philip Hazel on Mon, Feb 01, 1999:
> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>
> > > However, rewriting is not usually the best way to do routing.
> > Why ?
>
> I suppose this is a philosophical point really. There are people who
> don't like rewriting at all, because it hides things. Personally, I'm
> quite happy with using it for hiding login names, setting up corporate
> domains in outgoing mail etc. I'm less comfortable with the idea of
> using it as a routing tool. I prefer to see routing done by routers.

Apart from that, you probably have the MX record from that
machine pointing back to your mailserver. Or you want to do it,
so all mail directed there passes through your mailserver. In
such case, a router is the only way to go.

Vadik.

--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...