Re: [EXIM] message_size_limit etc

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ross Keatinge
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] message_size_limit etc
On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Ross Keatinge wrote:

> Is there a way to have different size limits for different uucp hosts
> other than defining a separate transport for each host? I notice that
> changes in message_size_limit are only recognised when Exim is
> restarted so a lookup or variable expansion in the transport section
> may not work.

It won't work. The option is defined as an integer, not as an expanded
string.

However, you should be able to apply a size check at the routing stage.
You can limit a router to a specific size by an option such as

condition = ${if < {$message_size}{something}{yes}{no}}

where "something" could be a lookup that depends on the host, address,
or whatever.

> When a message fails because it is too big, I would like to send a
> message to the intended recipient letting them know that somebody
> tried sending them an oversized message.

If you limit it on the router as I suggest, then too big messages will
fall through to the next router. You could then do something else with
the big messages, or use an autoreply transport to send a message to
somebody.