[EXIM] message_size_limit etc

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ross Keatinge
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] message_size_limit etc
Hi all

For the last few weeks I have been very happily running Exim on an old
2nd hand 486 running Linux. Clients connect via uucp.

I would appreciate any ideas about blocking large messages to the uucp
sites who connect via a slow radio link. My configuration is a
domainlist router with a pipe transport which calls uux.

I have message_size_limit working well in the transport but ideally I
would like to do more than this.

Is there a way to have different size limits for different uucp hosts
other than defining a separate transport for each host? I notice that
changes in message_size_limit are only recognised when Exim is
restarted so a lookup or variable expansion in the transport section
may not work. Ideally, it would be nice to be able to set size limits
by recipient address rather than host.

When a message fails because it is too big, I would like to send a
message to the intended recipient letting them know that somebody
tried sending them an oversized message. I've looked at errors_copy
but that seems to do all errors, I can't see a way of determining if
it is a size_limit error or something else. The really ideal result
would be to also send oversize messages to an alternative address for
pickup when something other than the radio link is available.

Would I be able to do this sort of thing with perl? I'm new to perl
(and Linux) but prepared to get into it. I would appreciate knowing if
I am missing something obvious, barking up the wrong tree or
attempting the impossible.

Regards
Ross
Orewa, New Zealand