Re: [EXIM] Reverse DNS lookups and security

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: David Sewell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Reverse DNS lookups and security
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, David Sewell wrote:
> * What is the general feeling of Exim users about rejecting mail
> based on failed gethostbyaddr()? Is it too draconian?

we occasionally get mail from kcl.ac.uk which tells us when we have customers
whose mail machine doesn't have reverse lookup, and gives us the chance to fix
it, however, they do seem to block inbound mail when reverse doesn't resolve.

> * What's the best way to block connections from known spamming hosts
> while taking care not to block legitimate senders?

I'd think MAPS/RBL or ORBS. However, most spam comes from dialups in the USA,
so the ORCA dial-up-list is probably a good source (consult exim archives).

> DS

Paul
----
*    "Women can remember every romantic moment in their lives,    *
*    Men remember everything they've ever fixed." - Rich Hall    *