Re: [EXIM] setting a UID for Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pollywog
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] setting a UID for Exim
On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Pollywog wrote:

> As soon as I start Exim with /etc/rc.d/init.d/mta start, it crashes and
> 'ps ax' shows it is not running. If I compile Exim with GID of 0, I do
> not have this problem.

I'm afraid that "it crashes" isn't really enough information for me to
diagnose the problem. What do you get when you run

exim -d9 -bd -q1h

(or whatever parameters you have in /etc/rc.d/init.d/mta plus -d9)? [If
you haven't setuid root then you'll have to run this as root.]

Alternatively, is there anything in the Exim log file or the Exim panic
log file?