[EXIM] info tidbit regarding cdb

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: James FitzGibbon
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] info tidbit regarding cdb

A helpful bit of info I stumbled over while converting our aliases from
Berkeley DB to CDB:

exim_dbmbuild tacks a null onto the end of each key and value. The dbm
lookup code takes this into account. The cdb lookup code does not expect
to find a null. This would not normally be a problem, since one would use
exim_dbmbuild or cdbmake to create your databases, each of which does "the
right thing".

If instead one uses a homegrown program for building alias files (as we do
here), one must be aware of this difference when changing from one file
type to another (or worse yet, using both Berkeley DB and CDB at the same
time). If one forgets and keeps tacking a null onto the end of the keys
in a CDB file, exim acts as though the key can't be found, which is mildly
confusing.

I had thankfully gone through the 'forget to *add* a null to the keys for
Berkeley DB and exim acts as though the key can't be found' problem some
months ago, so this was easy to fix. It still might warrant a blurb in
one of the more technical parts of the manual though.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC Global Net                   Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7610