[EXIM] IP/Port redirection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vincent Sweeney
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] IP/Port redirection
I'm creating a new email setup on some machines using exim but I am having
great difficulties in implementing what I want to do using exim.

The description of what I'm trying to setup is as follows:

All external mail arrives to some unix box on port 25

Then any accepted mail (ie accepted by the rules in exim.conf) is
forwarded to port 'xxx' on the same machine which is running a secondardy
SMTP process (a virus checking mail interface in this case) which sends the
mail on to the "real" destination internally.

Unfortunately the virus checking program can only run as a SMTP server,
there is no commandline interface at all (shit piece of software IMHO but I
didn't buy it :)

It is possible to run the virus checker program on port 25 and then pass it
on to exim, but I lose all of the exim anti-spam/anti-relaying stuff when
testing the incoming mail. Also this mail box when it's setup will managed
*huge* amounts of incoming mail (we are talking GB's a day) so I want to
virus check only the mails exim accepts not everything incoming.

What would be ideal is having some 'router' option where I could specify the
desitation address and port but using the current available options I can't
see how to get this working.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,
    Vince.