[EXIM] Using LDAP instead of db files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Using LDAP instead of db files
Currently, I use db files for storing mail drops etc, but I would like
to replace them with LDAP directories, because LDAP allows incremental
updates and replica servers.

There is a default quota for each domain, but it may be changed for
specific users. Using db files, I express this as:

*@domain: 1M
me@domain: 10M

The transport uses the table by:

quota = "${lookup{$local_part@$domain}dbm*@{/var/exim/etc/quota.db} {$value} fail}"

Once I use LDAP, I want to put domains at the top level and users below
domains, having a default quota in the domain entry and possibly override
it in the user entry.

How do I model that with LDAP object classes? Can entries inherit
attributes from parent entries? How would the LDAP query url look like?

Michael