Re: [EXIM] Problem under debian!!!

Author: Philip Hazel
To: J.L.Gomez Dans
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Problem under debian!!!
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, J.L.Gomez Dans wrote:

> I fear that the
> problem will have something to do with access prohibitions to the
> outside world, as telnetting to port 25 from outside my domain just
> gives a timeout, with no message saying that the MTA is on.

I see that you are at a UK University. Are you a student, using a
student connection? Check with your computer people as to whether you
are actually allowed to accept incoming SMTP calls, and if so, from
where. Even if you are not a student, it's worth asking the question.
Here at Cambridge we have various restrictions on SMTP traffic to
personal hosts.