Re: [EXIM] Problem under debian!!!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: J.L.Gomez Dans
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Problem under debian!!!
On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, J.L.Gomez Dans wrote:

>     I don't really know whether this is the right place to ask, but I
> am trying all available options :)

It seems like a reasonable place to ask.

>     The problem is that using exim as comes with debian/slink, I
> don't seem able to receive any mail from outside my domain at all.
> Basically, local mail, and that delivered by my local domain gets
> through fine, but mail from the outside doesn't.

So that "local" mail is successfully coming in over SMTP? Or is
it truely locally generated on the host running exim and calling the
executable? I assume that you mean the former.

> I fear that the problem will have something to do with access
> prohibitions to the outside world, as telnetting to port 25 from
> outside my domain just gives a timeout, with no message saying that
> the MTA is on. I checked hosts.deny (only line ALL: PARANOID), but I
> can't see what's wrong.

I don't know the debien set-up. Mabye it is being stopped before it
every reaches exim, but if the problem is an exim prohibition, then you
should find something in the exim_rejectlog in wherever the exim logs
live on your system. If there is nothing in there, then the problem
is before exim ever gets its hands on anything. If it is exim, take a
look at the message in the reject log and work from there. (possibly
reporting that back to this list.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814