Re: [EXIM] Dealling with a specific spammer

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Andromeda
CC: davidw, Exim
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Dealling with a specific spammer

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:20:04 +0200, Andromeda wrote:

> And this goes into a normal .forward? The reason I'm asking is because I am
> getting a lot of email from "gamma" as well.

Folks, let's get this straight. Spam is generally sent by people who
know that what they are doing will generate complaints. Thus, almost
without exception, spam does not contain meaningul return information.

Trying to bounce spam is as silly as trying to automate complaints about
it.

> Perhaps it is time to have uu.net placed into RBL, because I don't hear ANY
> reports back from their fraud/abuse department other than "We will look at
> it".

You're making a false assumption. The folks at UUNET actually deal with
complaints very well. Consider, though, how many complaints each AUP
violation generates. Now consider the task of responding to each
complaint.

Besides which, a message that says "we'll look into this" is no less
useful to you than a message that says "we've dealt with it". In either
case, it's possible you're being lied to.

Ciao,
Sheldon.