Re: [EXIM] filters problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter RATKAI
A: Jeffrey Goldberg
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] filters problem

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> Szervusz Peter,

Szervusz Jeffrey ;-)

> As someone else has already said, check the ownership on
> /mail_arch/archive/ to see that it matches what you have in the driver.
>
> But also, it seems that you may be taking the wrong approach altogether
> for what you are trying to do.
>
> First, get rid of that "elif", and make it an "else" generally,

Oh yes, good idea :)

>   if condition
>     action1
>   else
>     action2
>   endif

> since you might lose things in the latter case if your "not condition"
> isn't absolutely perfect.

I did! That's why I tried to declare what to do if NOT...

> Also, if action2 is the default action for unseen messages, then simply
>
>   if condition
>     action1
>   endif

> should be enough.
>
> But, I am not sure that a filter is really the best way of achieving what
> you are trying to do. It looks like you are trying to save a copy of all
> out-going mail. Take a look at the list archives for this list to see
> what people have recommended for that.
>
> Udv.,

Yes, this is what I'm triing to do. I also read the findmail archives,
stealing ideas for getting help implementing the job, but couldn't find
any serious info, nor samples. If someone would point me the right place..

Thanks for your help,

peter.

ps.: I see that HUNGARIAN language is getting more and more popular, and
worldwide :)