Re: [EXIM] Lsearch not working

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jim Knoble
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Lsearch not working
På 1999-Jan-03 klokka 00:54:06 +0200 skrivet Vadim Vygonets:

: Told ya about DeadRat! I think it's a bad idea to have the
: default umask set to anything less restrictive than 022.

Not if you want group-shareable directories to work. For regular login
users, umask 0002 is perfect, if:

    (1) The user's default group is a `user-private' group assigned
    only to the user (generally the same as the username);

    (2) Any group-shareable directories have the proper group ownership
        and mode 2775 (or 2770), so that the group owner is sticky.

Then everything works perfectly. Obviously, for root, this isn't what
you usually want. Red Hat has handled that since at least release 4.2
(August 1997).

: Changed the file mode to 644, I hope? Because making the mode of
: /etc/aliases 664 is not a good idea, either.

That depends on what group ought to be able to write to /etc/aliases.
If some group `mailadm' ought to be able to update /etc/aliases, then
0664 is the proper mode.

What is `best' almost always depends on the intended use.

--jim