[EXIM] Lsearch not working

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Kruckenberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Lsearch not working
I've had Exim 1.x and 2.x working on a BSDI box for about a year now, but
just recently had the chance to try to set up Exim on a RedHat Linux 5.2
box.

Everything seems to compile and install just fine, and I've had some
experience in setting Exim up, so I don't think I'm missing anything
really obvious. I have verified that LOOKUP_LSEARCH is set in the
Makefile, and doing a "strings exim" turns up several references to
lsearch functions, so I think it's being compiled in.

However, after the installation is completed, any Director that uses an
lsearch or lsearch* search_type seems to fail. For example, a test of
"/usr/local/exim/bin/exim -bt -v pete@localhost" gives the error:

LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
system_aliases director: /etc/aliases (lsearch lookup): wrong mode
pete@localhost cannot be resolved at this time:
/etc/aliases (lsearch lookup): wrong mode

This off a configure-file entry of:

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = exim
group = exim

What's interesting is if I change the search_type to dbm, and make
/etc/aliases.dbm, it works.

Anyone know what's going on here, and how I can fix it?

Thanks.
Pete.