Re: [EXIM] exim -brw doesn't report truster user related rew…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] exim -brw doesn't report truster user related rewrite problems
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Britton on Mon, Dec 28, 1998:
> > that's it really. When as an ordinary user I do `/usr/sbin/exim -brw
> > rewrite_me@???', the desired rewrites are reported, but since
> > exim is root root I'm not a trusted user, the rewrite does not actually
> > take place (hopefully it will when I make myself trusted :).
>
> Rewrite rules have nothing to do with trusted users. Trusted
> user is the one who can change envelope "From " lines. Rewriting
> rules just take the addresses in the envlope and/or headers and
> change them.
>
> I can't help you further because I don't see the rewriting rules
> and original addresses, and, honestly, I haven't understood the
> question.

I'm afraid I don't understand the question either. The -brw option is a
testing option, and is not restricted to trusted users because it just
shows you what Exim would do when it receives a message *from anyone*.
Rewriting happens for all messages; it does not apply only to messages
from trusted users. It would not be very useful if it did.

It sounds as if you are having a problem with rewriting. If you could
give more detail, e.g. "-brw says it will rewrite as xxx, but when I
send a message I actually get yyy", with the actual rewrite rules and
the message in question, I may be able to help.