著者: Philip Hazel
To: Myron Freeman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Exim under Solaris 7
On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Myron Freeman wrote:

> Myron Freeman (fletch1@???) wrote:
> > It's very wierd. Looking at the debug output, it jumps directly to
> > checking sender_{net,host}_accept_relay which is set on this machine.
> > When I explicitly set local_domains to the localhost, my problems seem
> > to go away. Hmm, looks like it's having trouble getting its own
> > hostname.

You can check what it is using for the host name with

exim -bP primary_hostname

> A followup to my Solaris 7 woes. Exim seems to be getting bizarre
> host resolution hangs and timeouts at times, every once in a while
> hanging the main daemon and its children. Since I don't have time to
> explore further for now, I'm going to downgrade the machine to Solaris
> 2.6 and pray that things work.

Please let me know if that fixes things. I know people are running Exim
successfully on 2.6.

Did you upgrade from 2.5? Is this a large machine? It is a busy machine?
We had problems on large 2.6 machines caused by a bug in one of the
file-caching tables. It all went like treacle at busy times. A change to
one of the kernel parameters is a workaround. I can provide details if
you think this might be relevant.