Feeping Creaturism (was Re: [EXIM] syslog?)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [EXIM] syslog?
Asunto: Feeping Creaturism (was Re: [EXIM] syslog?)
> It occurs to me that since all the logging functions are encapsulated in
> log.c, it would be relatively simple to do something like this:
>
> #ifndef USE_SYSLOG
> void
> log_write(int level, int flags, char *format, ...)
> {
>     [do writing to files on disk]
> }
> #else
> void
> log_write(int level, int flags, char *format, ...)
> {
>     [do syslog(3) stuff]
> }
> #endif

I was thinking about this general area the other day, and it occured to
me that gnu configure might well be something worth adopting for the exim
build process? Slowly more features are creeping onto the list of
things it can do, and this might help in the future, when you configure
exim for a new machine, to be able to use an old configure command line,
rather than manually editing the Makefile?

I know that this is a lazy thing to do, but it does seem appropriate,
at least to my mind.

Any thoughts? (Drat, the obvious/only person to comment is Philip, and
I assume he won't be back till Jan 4th?)

Julian
Unix Admin, Internet Vision