Re: [EXIM] Single host has multiple domain names

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: David Waine
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
新しいトピック: [EXIM] Intro docs [Was: Single host has multiple domain names]
題目: Re: [EXIM] Single host has multiple domain names
In message <19981221231951.A2009@???>, Ben Smithurst
<ben@???> writes

>Is local_domains what you want?
>
>local_domains = aaa.bbb.yyy.com:xxx.yyy.com

Yes it was. Thank you.

Just to go off topic for a moment... This query has been answered
quickly, accurately and in a good humoured way (thanks Ben). I'm sure
this question (like my other postings here) is somewhat frustrating for
skilled maintainers; the answer being obvious!

Although I find exim somewhat easier to configure and maintain that
sendmail that I tried initially, I still suffer from "reference manual
overload" when trying to set up something new to me.

What I could really do is with a tutorial on exim; maybe it's too simple
to require one, but I'd estimate that about 80% of the options exist to
overcome some form of abuse of e-mail OR have an impact on security.
With this in mind, it's very difficult to gets to grips with "mail"
without having suffered the problems of abuse and hence be aware of the
somewhat convoluted way in which permissions must be given, but at the
same time security only be maintained with checks.

I've (tried to) read the "bat book" on sendmail which starts off in a
friendly "tutorial & reference manual in one" way, but by the time we're
a couple of chapters in, the tutorial can't keep up with the reference
and a novice user is lost (well, I was).

So is there a nit-wits, "from the ground up" tutorial that focuses on
exim rather than the "classic" mail exchangers?

Thanks for your attention.
--
David Waine