Re: [EXIM] simple vhost setup

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adam M Donahue
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] simple vhost setup
Well, I discovered my problem about one second after I shot this off. I
had pointed the domains file to the aliases file! Please excuse my
mistake.

Now, mail to someone@??? is fine. But if I leave out a default
entry for vhost.com, and there is a LOCAL user with a similar local_part,
that user receives the mail. For example:

I have local user "larry". I also have a domain, abc.com, to which mail
to adam@??? is forwarded to adam@???. Now, if I leave in an entry
for abc.com alone, say setting it to catchall@???, then any mail to
noentry@??? is sent to catchall@???. That includes a message to
larry@???. But if I leave OUT this message, then Exim simply
skips the specific virtual forwarding director, then skips the default
since there is no default entry in the aliases file. The result is that
the message makes its way down to localuser, where it matches "larry," who
may not be the same larry to begin with! How can I basically tell
virtual_default, "If you're testing an address something@???,
and there's no something.com alias, and the domain is NOT the main local
domain, then bounce the message"? Is this clear?

Adam