Re: [EXIM] Problems compiling 2.10

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Griffiths M (ISaCS)
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Problems compiling 2.10
On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Griffiths M (ISaCS) wrote:

> While trying to compile the latest version of Exim (2.10) I've hit a
> snag not seen before with previous versions. It's a Sun box running
> Solaris 2.5.1.

> -------------------------
> # make

> *** Makefile needs rebuilding
> *** Please run "make makefile" at top level

I had this problem once while developing, when I first tried to compile
Exim on a foreign machine. After some faffing around, I discovered that
the machine's clock had jumped backwards by about 30 minutes, just at
the time I was doing the building. So although it kept rebuilding the
Makefile, the Local/Makefile's timestamp was still in the future.

It seems weird that it's happened on another completely different system
(the one I saw it on was NetBSD). Please check your clock with "date",
and compare that with the timestamps on Local/Makefile and the Makefile
in the build directory.