Re: [EXIM] 'trusted users'

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Julian
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] 'trusted users'

> I am not sure I understand, but isn't that a mail client issue? Is there a
> way for exim to stop someone sending a mail as being from anyone they like
> regardless of domains? Is your problem actually that you want them *only* to
> be able to send as anyone from their domain?
>
> If this were the case you would need to explain how they currently send
> their mail. Do they use your exim host as the smtp gateway? What is to stop
> them going off and using someone else's smtp gateway (just as spammers do
> but on a smaller scale)? What facilities/programs do they have access to?
>
> If you are talking about enabling them to send as anyone, then once again we
> need to know how they currently send their mail. I can set my user as anyone
> I want, and providing it is a valid address exim will happily pass it on as
> I am a trusted user/machine.
>
> Yours in some confusion,
> Rufus

Current all email sent by these users is sent through exim - if they care to
circumvent that and use smtp then that is a different issue which I am not
attempting to address at the moment. I would like them to be able to set the
from address on the command line like a trusted user (ideally) but only if
the domain is the one that they are allowed to send mail from. I can kind
of manage it by having a different config file per user, and perhaps even a
different exim binary per user - but that is horrible!

Julian