RE: [EXIM] Exim's interaction with other MTAs/MUAs

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: G.E.Fowler
To: Paul Walsh
CC: Exim Users
題目: RE: [EXIM] Exim's interaction with other MTAs/MUAs
Paul

You wrote:
> So, if you use Exim on a system running as a mailhub, could you let
> me know what MTA software you use "downstream" so-to-speak. I guess
> all I need to say "upstairs" is that X number of Exim sites use
> Exchange, Y use MS-Mail etc.

We have a multitude of systems here:

Exim running on two mailhubs delivers to one of two locations for
either staff or students, also running Exim.

Downstream we recommend that users read mail with Eudora Light, but we
still have a proportion who use Elm, Pine, Exmh, Mailx & other Unix
text-based mailers (I use XFMail, other colleagues use ZMail, MS
Outlook, and so on)
Some users will be using Netscape Mail, some MS IE Mail&News.

The Student Union & Staff Development both use MS Exchange and are the
only known installations on campus. The Business School use Mercury as
their specific MTA for a few users and (I think) may use Pegasus as
their MUA.

I reckon 90% of users are using Eudora, with various distributions of
the others.

Graeme
Graeme Fowler
Network Officer, Infrastructure & Networks Group
Loughborough University Computing Services
+44 1509 228426