Re: [EXIM] Can't find something in the docs...

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ben Smithurst
To: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Can't find something in the docs...
Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

> I need some help finding a needle in a hay stack.
>
> Somewhere in the Exim documentation, there's a brief mention of a style of
> header (or return address?) used for mailing lists such that bounced
> messages can be correctly returned to the sender; I'm looking for that
> reference and can't for the life of me find it.

I think the needle you're looking for is called "VERP", more info at
<ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/www/proto/verp.txt>, I beleive.

> It might have been near a discussion of header rewriting, but glancing
> through spec.txt didn't turn up anything.

I think it's something to do with a director, router, or transport
(NewStuff mentions using it on an smtp transport, I'm not sure if that's
the only place it can be used). It's not in the spec yet either, check
the NewStuff and ChangeLog files.

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@???