Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Conor Mc Goveran
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)
On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 11:14:01AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> All this talk of 3M mails per day is way, way beyond anything I
> conceived of when I started writing Exim.

Your probably selling yourself short here Philip. Any MTA architecture
that handles this volume of mail must do it in a modular way with shared
storge resources. As such each individual MTAs would never handle this kind
of volume.
As MTAs go Exim certainly makes this an easier task that either
sendmail or qmail, both of which have scaling deficiencies. I would also
hazard a guess that exim is being used to forward,pipe,redirect and generally
fink SMTP mail in ways that were not envisage when you wrote Exim.

Conor

--
Conor Mc Goveran,    conor@???