Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Karsten Thygesen
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] check_spool_space not working?
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, I wrote:

> Exim is indeed normally not running as root when receiving a message
> (though some sites do run it as root). Would any body else on the list
> care to comment on whether favail/bavail should be used? Are they
> standard fields that are available in all the OS Exim supports?

I have just been checking on those OS I have accounts on. Solaris,
SunOS4, Linux, IRIX, HPUX, Digital Unix, BSDI, NetBSD and SCO5 all have
the bavail field, but SunOS4, Linux, HPUX, BSDI, and NetBSD do not have
the favail field.

Can somebody please check AIX, FreeBSD, and any others not mentioned
above? Try "man statvfs", and if that gives no result, "man statfs"
should.

I propose to assume that bavail is going to be available on all systems,
but that favail is there only when the OS configuration defines it.

On consideration, I do think it is probably right to do the space check
for non-superuser space rather than for all space in the partition.
Nobody (except the originator of this thread) has yet made any comment
either to me or on the list about this.