Re: [EXIM] Reject domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Guz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Reject domains
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Mark Guz wrote:

> Exim seems to hold onto domains that dont exist.
>
> compserve.com instead of compuserve.com for instance.

But that does exist:

compserve.com.  3600    A       209.19.112.111
compserve.com.  3600    NS      gorilla.dataart.com.
compserve.com.  3600    NS      news.dataart.com.

> My questions are, if a dnslookup returns no mx's why doesnt exim just bin
> the message?

If a dnslookup returns no MXs, Exim looks for an A record, in accordance
with the rules that are defined in the RFCs. If you want to break the
rules, you can set mx_domains in the lookuphost router, but you will cut
yourself off from those sites (and there still seem to be plenty) who do
not set up MX records.

> and can you specify a list of domains to explicitly reject.

reject_domains:
driver = domainlist
self = fail_hard
domains = list:of:domains:to:reject