著者: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
題目: Re: Request (was [EXIM] POP)

A.C.Aitchison@??? said:
} pop/imap daemons have a significant issue which exim is spared:
} authentication. I'm certain it would be better to integrate them into
} the system than make them part of the exim package.

Definitely.
The spool layout tends to affect client systems more than exim as well.

There is certainly space for another imap daemon - the washington one is
horrid, cyrus is nicer but could never work for our config. There are a
number of good pop daemons, many of which have never had buffer overrun
problems and are coded in a way that will avoid them.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]