RE: [EXIM] exim equivalent of sendmail mailertable

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mickey Coggins
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] exim equivalent of sendmail mailertable
Hi,

The domainlist router was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
to those of you who pointed this out to me - this is now working
perfectly. I use this for about half of my intermittently connected
hosts - those that support ETRN.

I have one more silly question, and I promise, this is a very
easy one, but I can't seem to figure it out. It relates to the
other half of the intermittently connected hosts.

The problem is that I get mail loops when mail comes in for
a domain that has an MX record setup like this:

cooldomain.com. IN MX 50 mail.cooldomain.com.
cooldomain.com. IN MX 90 mail.superserver.com.

Mail comes into mail.superserver.com, and then it tries to go to the
mail.cooldomain.com, which is not connected, so exim sees that it
should go to the backup MX which is superserver, etc. This loops
for a few seconds, and then of course it gives up.

It seems like there must be something I need in my configuration
to tell exim that mail.superserver.com is "local", and the mail
should be queued up here. Of course, mail.superserver.com is a
farm of several machines, each with a real name. Should each
hostname be in the local_domains line, or should I add
mail.superserver.com to the local_domains?

Thanks for any hints.
--
Mickey