Re: [EXIM] Template ISP configuration file

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Anand Buddhdev
To: davidw, phil.daws
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
題目: Re: [EXIM] Template ISP configuration file
On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 07:20:26PM +0000, David M Walker wrote:

> > Last question honest :) Have you modified you POP server so that it
> > will look in a certain domains directory for its email? I see from
> > you ISP template that all domain mail goes under eg.
> >             /var/mail/domains/xyz
> > instead of the normal mail location of /var/mail ?

> The issue with POP accounts (I use POP3) is that you can not change
> where it looks for the mailbox (unless you are willing to change
> source code - noooooooooooooo)
>
> So, the following has to occur - a POP user must exist in the
> real /etc/passwd with a valid passwd. This causes a conflict if

You can use qmail's pop3d POP server. This is modular in design, so it does
not need users to be in /etc/passwd. You can have your users anywhere you
like, and you can code your own small password checking programs in C,
Perl, etc. The documentation for the password checking interface is clear
and even a newbie programmer could code up a password checker in one hour.
The only thing is, qmail's POP server only works with the Maildir format,
so you have to convert your mailboxes to Maildir format, which is not a bad
idea anyway, since Maildir is far better than mbox. for more ideas, surf
over to http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html and look at the section called
'POP toaster'.

--
Anand