著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] perl5 on BSDI 4 solved
Remember I whined about GNU ld(1) on BSDI 4.0, and what I did to
link exim with perl? In the end, I discovered that at home
(where I have vanilla BSDI 4.0 (on our site it's heavily
localized)) the command:
perl5 -MExtUtils::Embed -e ldopts
gives the following flags in the beginning:
-rdynamic -Wl,-rpath,/usr/libdata/perl5/i386-bsdos/5.00402/CORE

I don't know what -rdynamic means (it isn't documented, as far as
I can see, in any man page). Anyway, I looked at the source and
what BSDI did for perl 5.004_02, and did approximately the same
to perl 5.004_04 (edited hints/bsdos.sh, generalized, localized,
and all that), and re-compiled the perl distribution. Well, I
partly had to install it by hand, but the point is:

With stock BSDI 4.0, or with patched perl 5.004_04, you can
compile exim with perl support without playing games with flags
given to ld(1) (via cc(1)) and features of BSD make(1).

Vadik.

--
It was state of the art, he said.
The art in this case was probably pottery.