著者: Tom
To: me
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] dbm alias file

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, me wrote:

> Well thats what I was kinda thinking, when I use exim_dbmbuild it
> creates a .db file, this I try to open (succesfully) using perl and
> dbmopen, however no matter what I try it refuses to display the contents
> let alone modify them.

Probably your dbmopen() is for some other kind of DBM file. There are
many kinds of DBM: db, db2, gdbm, ndbm, sdbm, and old original dbm which
no one uses anymore.

Since you get a *.db file, you are probably using db. Perhaps ndbm or
something on your system too. This can get very weird as db has an ndbm
compat API which looks like ndbm, but creates *.db files.

> The problem is that if my aliases file gets to large, then it will take
> some time to rebuild it, and I'd like to get the changes "live" asap
> (within reason), also I think its a neater solution.

Beware of locking issues. db2 is the only one that I know that allows
locking for proper updates while reading.

> Maybe a quick posting to a perl newsgroup......
>
> Thanks Iqbal

Tom