[EXIM] Mercuryc.nlm causing abends

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Rosenberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Mercuryc.nlm causing abends
Hi,

Here is a relevant response from David Harris of Pegasus fame.

>From: "David Harris" <David.Harris@???>
>To: David Shaw <D.Shaw@???>
>Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:44:22 +1300
>Subject: Re: Site Licence #**** - Mercuryc.nlm causing abends
>
>On 18 Nov 98, at 16:36, David Shaw wrote:
>
>> We have recently started to have this problem on our mail servers. If a
>> message destined for the Internet is passed through mercuryc.nlm
>> V1.31 or V1.40 with a invalid recipient list as per the example below, it
>> causes mercuryc to hang and an abend to occur on the server.
>
>Please use the attached version of MercuryC. My guess is that you're
>using a smart mailer called EXIM - many UK Universities seem to use
>this product. A recent change to EXIM means that it can return an
>unexpectedly long response string in some cases that leads to the
>crash. The attached version will correct the problem.

N.B. Not attached here; will send the attachment to the list if more
     than four people request it.

>Cheers!
>
>-- David --

>  Box 5451, Dunedin, New Zealand | e-mail: David.Harris@???
>           Phone: +64 3 453-6880 | Fax: +64 3 453-6612

Best wishes,
Paul R.

Paul Rosenberg, Computing Service, Univ. of Glasgow, Glasgow G12
POSTMASTER@???, Tel +44 (0)141 330 4825, Fax " " " 4808