Re: [EXIM] CDB - a quick check...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: Exim Users List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] CDB - a quick check...
On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, John Horne wrote:

> Okay, so it seems that running exim with NDBM lookups is case-insensitive
> right? But using CDB it is case-sensitive?
>
> If not, I'm doing something wrong. If it is, then back to the drawing
> board...

The actual lookups are both case-sensitive. I am not aware of any kind
of DBM keyed lookup implementation that is case-insensitive.

I suspect that in the background to this lies the method of building
your NDBM/CDB files. If you use exim_dbmbuild to build the NDBM file, by
default it lower-cases the input keys, unless you give it the -nolc
option. If you are using it to look up local local parts, with
locally_caseless true (the default) then you will be getting
caselessness at a higher level.