Re: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Lars Kellogg-Stedman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Delivering to MH folders?
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

> I'm a big fan of the MH suite of tools, and I'd like to convince exim to
> use mh format when delivering files into a directory. MH stores
> messages using one file/message, and each filename is a single number
> that is incremented for each message.

If you set the "directory" option rather than the "file" option on an
appendfile transport, *without* setting either maildir_format or
mailstore_format, then Exim will write one file per message into the
directory. However, the names of the files will be the letter "q"
followed by the message id. (This was originally done for compatibility
with smail, and was intended for saving messages for onward transmission
by some other means.)

> This doesn't seem to be anything like the maildir or mailstore formats
> supported by exim (who uses those, anyway?).

The ISP's who originally contributed the code use those formats. I think
maildir format is also used by others.

> Is there an easy way to accomplish this? I'm only looking for it on a
> per-user basis (that is, I want *my* mail delivered into mh folders, but
> not everybody elses').

To do that using appendfile you have to have a special transport set up,
and specify the transport on the localuser director using some kind of
expanded string.