Re: [EXIM] accept() errors instead of accepting when network…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Peter Gervai
CC: exim
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] accept() errors instead of accepting when network unreachable
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Peter Gervai wrote:

> I noticed that exim was unable to accept mail from internal
> customers to international addresses but logged the following:
>
> 1998-11-17 21:16:34 1 accept() failure: Network is unreachable
> 1998-11-17 21:17:55 2 accept() failures: No route to host
>
> and no other signs that there was an (unsuccessful) connection from the
> customer which was denied. I understand that exim was unable to verify
> recipient domains and the RBL but is it a normal behaviour not to accept
> mail into the queue when the recipient cannot be verified?

The answer to the question is "yes, if you have set receiver_verify",
but in fact, this problem appears to have nothing to do with recipient
verification. The accept() function is what the Exim daemon calls when
it is waiting for an incoming TCP/IP call. Something has gone wrong in
setting up the TCP/IP call. I'm afraid I am not knowledgeable enough
about TCP/IP to hazard a guess as to what it was.

> (When such incidents happen maybe I'd like to see exim accepting
> the mail from the customers, no matter it's impossible to verify.)

That of course isn't relevant to the accept() problem. However, if you
have set receiver_verify, Exim won't accept addresses that it cannot
verify. But you do not have to set receiver_verify.