RE: [EXIM] remote_smtp defer (-34): retry time no reached fo…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Clay Porter
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
題目: RE: [EXIM] remote_smtp defer (-34): retry time no reached for any host
> > Could someone explain to me what the message means?
>
> It means what it says. Exim will only retry to deliver a message by
> SMTP after a certain time.

Sorry for the poorly worded question... I understand that if a message
cannot be delivered then it will be queued and exim will retry delivery
according to the rules. However, when I re-started the MTA on the receiving
host I did not expect *subsequent* messages to be deferred for retry; I
expected those messages to go through right away. As of this writing exim
has sent all the messages that were queued up and now everything is ok.

Thanks for the feedback.

Clay Porter
clay.porter@???