[EXIM] accept() errors instead of accepting when network unr…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Peter Gervai
To: exim
題目: [EXIM] accept() errors instead of accepting when network unreachable
Hello,

Today evening our international connection died, causing all intern NS
lookups and RBL access to fail with net unreach/ no route to host. Our
national and internal connections were still functional.

I noticed that exim was unable to accept mail from internal
customers to international addresses but logged the following:

1998-11-17 21:16:34 1 accept() failure: Network is unreachable
1998-11-17 21:17:55 2 accept() failures: No route to host

and no other signs that there was an (unsuccessful) connection from the
customer which was denied. I understand that exim was unable to verify
recipient domains and the RBL but is it a normal behaviour not to accept
mail into the queue when the recipient cannot be verified?

Since in-queue recipients cannot be verified this seem to be
a reasonable suspection, but I'd like to know it for sure. :)

(When such incidents happen maybe I'd like to see exim accepting
the mail from the customers, no matter it's impossible to verify.)

bye,
grin