Re: [EXIM] new user question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andromeda
A: Adam M Donahue
Cc: Exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] new user question
At 16:35 14/11/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>instance. wrongaddress@??? would be bounced (for now; perhaps in
>the future the customer will want all mail). Here's what I've set up to
>handle this:

Hi Adam,

use this rather. This approach has helped me a great deal, and is so easy
to maintain (add and modify as appropriate):

Under the main configuration settings (in your configure file):

local_domains = "domain1.com:mydomain.com:\
              lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains"

Under transports:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile;
file = /var/spool/mail/${local_part}

Under the directors settings:

system_aliases:
except_domains = "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains"
driver = aliasfile;
file = /etc/aliases,
search_type = lsearch

userforward:
except_domains = "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains"
no_verify,
driver = forwardfile;
file = .forward,

localuser:
except_domains = "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains"
driver = localuser,
transport = local_delivery;

virtual:
domains = "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains",
driver = aliasfile,
no_more;
file = /usr/exim/aliases/$domain-aliases,
search_type = lsearch

Voila. Done. This requires the following files from you:

1. domains (contains the domains that you do virtual hosting for, in this
case metainc.com). Its format is as follows:

metainc.com
domain2.com
.
.
etc.

2. metainc.com-aliases (contains the addresses in metainc.com that you want
to redirect). The format is as follows:

bob: bob@???
adam: adam@???
.
.
etc.

/usr/exim/aliases/ is my directory where I store those files to make it
easier for administration.

This way it works just fine, and mail to non-existent aliases gets bounced.
:) - You can check whether selecting *: allows you to do a catch-all.

If you want to allow people to use your server as relay, you can add this
to your general settings:

sender_address_relay = "partial-lsearch;/usr/exim/local/localdomains"

where localdomains is the list of domains that CAN send mail via your
servers (so you can even restrict which virtual domains are allowed to use
your SMTP server to send email).

Andromeda

= The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/ =
=                Home of Search & Replace 98                 =