Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Ben Smithurst
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Ben Smithurst wrote:
> > Then use the rbl_warn_header option instead which will insert a header that
> > lets the user know that this is email from an RBL-blacklisted host.
> I can't use either since all my mail comes from Demon's machines... not
> fair :-(

Disclaimer: This is the situation here at PSINet. I can't guarantee policies
won't change, but Exim does make life easier and I can't see us changing
overnight.

We don't block on RBL, but we DO apply the rbl_warn_header option.

This gives our customers the option of *choosing* to filter on RBL, rather than
us making the decision for them.

I'd propose you get Demon to use Exim with these lines in the configure (except
get them to change the abuse email please :-)
    rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com
    rbl_reject_recipients = false
    recipients_reject_except = abuse@???
    rbl_warn_header
    prohibition_message = "Contact abuse@??? to discuss our junk-mail control policies"

As has been pointed out, there's only so much that can be done. I've heard that
Nildram (please ask them for details as I may be wrong) allow you to have
personal filters which puts the blocked mail to one side, and you can view what
would or wouldn't have got through and see stats etc. I don't know how they do
this, sorry.

Ah, and BTW, due to the trademark nature of spam, an increasingly popular term
is UBM - Unsolicited Bulk Messaging (NB: definitely NOT Bulk Unsolicited
Messaging).

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600