Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ben Smithurst
A: Andromeda
Cc: hamster, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
Andromeda wrote:

> It actually tries to verify that the senders and recipients are valid and
> can be mailed to (correct me if I'm wrong).

Right, though it does not (AFAICT) do any checks on the local part. Exim
would happily say that foo@??? is a valid sender
address, despite the fact it cannot be mailed to. (I don't see how it
could verify the local part anyway, many sites to not implement VRFY
and blindly respond 250 to all RCPTs.)

> My options below will reject any message that does either not contain
> a valid sender (using sender_verify and sender_verify_reject) or a
> valid recipient (using receiver_verify).

What about headers_sender_verify? True, header checks are pretty much
useless since you've already accepted the message by the time you can
process them, but never mind. It still might keep some shit out of my way.

> Then use the rbl_warn_header option instead which will insert a header that
> lets the user know that this is email from an RBL-blacklisted host.

I can't use either since all my mail comes from Demon's machines... not
fair :-(

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@???