Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Burnham
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam
> Exchange is catching up with its anti-spam and anti-relay capabilities. But
> IMHO it's never, ever going to have the configurability, flexibility and
> bulletproof nature of Exim. Oh, you can add supportability there, too.

 This is a damned good point. I have actually used the supportability
argument to good effect here - from spotting a problem to having a fix
in place took approximately 4 hours. It's powerful ammunition when
you point out the amount of time you tend to have to wait for a fix to
come through from most major software companies.
 But, this doesn't stop the people who have no technical knowledge
but make the decisions from deciding that free software such as
Linux, *BSD, Exim, Apache etc. CAN'T be as good as stuff they
have to pay big bucks for. I don't understand this mentality.
 I'm sorry, I'm starting to rant, I'll shut up now.
 John.
--
John Burnham
jpburnham@???