Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

-----Original Message-----
From: John Burnham <jpburnham@???>
To: hamster@??? <hamster@???>; exim-users@???
<exim-users@???>
Date: 11 November 1998 18:07
Subject: Re: [EXIM] some more details about spam

> This is what worries me about the general consensus amongst the
> PHB's above me that NT and M-Sexchange is the way forward. Exim
> is _damned_ good at preventing relaying (it's what decided me to use
> it after we were hit hard by someone relaying some quite unpleasant
> stuff), from what I've seen of Exchange I don't what it to be visible
> from the outside world if I'm forced to implement it. Sigh. Is there a
> clued up company in the Cambridge area who wants a sysadmin ?

Here's some information for your armoury: I run the biggest MS Exchange
peer-support resource (www.msexchange.org). Guess what MTA I use for the
3000-user 250-messages-per-day mailing list?

(Hint: It wasn't written in Redmond).

Exchange is catching up with its anti-spam and anti-relay capabilities. But
IMHO it's never, ever going to have the configurability, flexibility and
bulletproof nature of Exim. Oh, you can add supportability there, too.

Peter