Re: [EXIM] How to read the reject log?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Mark Seuffert (Pirates)
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How to read the reject log?
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote:

> Hmm no, so local_domains is a kind of regular expression?

local_domains is a list of patterns that match email domains. (See
section 7.12 - Domain lists.)

> * Do I have to declare "mid-heidelberg.de:*.mid-heidelberg.de" as
> local_domains here?

If you want domains that match either of those patterns to be
treated as local, yes.

> * Which order is more effective in receiver_unqualified/sender_accept_relay:
> net/host or host/net... maybe one order saves some DNS lookups and is
> faster?

Net checking is done by IP address and involves no DNS lookups. The
order you specify them in the configuration file makes no difference.

> * The default search_type for system_aliases is lsearch, I changed this
> to dbm (works fine)... can I say dbm is allways the faster choice?

Probably only if the amount of data is large, but what is "large" I do
not know.

> * Sometimes I have frozen messages in my mailqueue, as far as I can understand
> these are mails which can not delivered and also not send back as error
> messages. With the help of eximon I throw them away everytime it happens.
> Is there a way to make them send to the local postmaster instead of beeing
> frozen... or is this a bad idea?

You can set freeze_tell_mailmaster to get it to tell you when they
happen. You can set ignore_errmsg_errors[_after] to get them
automatically thrown away [after some time].