RE: [EXIM] Aliasing

Author: John Horne
To: Paul Walsh
CC: Exim Users
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Aliasing
On 30-Oct-98 at 09:55:49 Paul Walsh wrote:
> Apologies if this has been asked before, but I want to be able to set up
> Exim as a relay for mail to/from a local FE college, with a separate aliase
> file for translating some.one@??? to
> username@???. I've already figured out the header
> re-writing for mail from the college so that's not a problem.
>
> As I understand it, if I were to define college.ac.uk as a local domain,
> all
> incoming addresses would be looked up via the system aliases director
> below:
>
> [snipped]
>
> How do I tell Exim to use this director for the college.ac.uk domain?

Alternatively use the domain/domains_except options on the directors. If you
put a specific director for the college at the top of your directors - using
domains=college.ac.uk - and 'no_more' that may do it. (Check the manual for
syntax/options.)

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233914
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919