[EXIM] posting to list as it bounced

Author: Paul Mansfield
Subject: [EXIM] posting to list as it bounced

I mailed to dwaller@??? and it bounced, so just in case he's got
mail working elsewhere and gets a chance to read this... I guess he didn't
quite get Exim working as planned :-p

<dwaller@???>

554 <dwaller@???>... Remote protocol error

----

would it be feasible for you to post your configuration files, edited to remove
specific addresses if sensitive, to the contributions/cookbook for the web
site?

that'd be cool!

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 dwaller@??? wrote:

> I finally have my mail server(s) working well and I would like to thank
> everyone for the help.
>
> In the end I replaced sendmail on the main mail server as well and I
> sending and recieving mail like a pro (I think).
>
> This is the final config if any one is interested.
>
> I have an ISDN connection to the internet via a computer running the linux
> router project. (www.linuxrouter.org)
> On that computer I have exim running through inetd and routing all mail to
> another computer on the inside network (172.16.0.0). This computer is
> running RedHat 5.0.
>
> The Linux Router provides a godd (not great) firewall and having the mail
> on the inside net seems better.
>
> Thanks again
> Dave Waller
>

> --
> *** Exim information can be found at http://www.exim.org/ ***

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600