Re: [EXIM] Mysql and exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Manar Hussain
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Mysql and exim
At 15:08 28/10/98 +0000, iqbal wrote:
>Hi
>
>But doesnt this still leave me with the problem of not having aliases go
>"live" instantaneoulsy, since I dont know when the user/s are modifying
>their alias. Its probably not a big problem, running a job every 30 mins
>or so, but instantaneous would be nice.

Aren't you giving the users an interterface that lets makes the changes to
the mysql database? That's the place to put the alias file generation and
export to have things happen as they happen to the database.

BTW - an idea you may or may not wish to follow. We dump the aliases file
into CVS too and commit it giving us a full audit trail of the changes
which is useful sicne you don't get any transaction logging in mysql.

Manar