Re: [EXIM] Admin Users - How to define

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Stone
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Admin Users - How to define
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Chris Stone wrote:

> I am a wee bit stuck at the moment - I wish to have a couple of users
> with Admin facilities on Exim, but it would appear that in order to be
> able to use EXIM_GID or exim_group you *must* have EXIM_UID or exim_user
> defined, is this correct?

Oh my goodness. I never conceived of the possibility of somebody wanting
to run Exim as root, but with a special gid. You are correct. All the
code for changing uid/gid expects them to operate as a pair.

> Why can I not just have an exim group defined and retain root as the UID
> ? or I am I missing something (other than the obvious).

It really isn't recommended to run as root all the time, for security
reasons. Is there a special reason why you can't define a uid for Exim?

I haven't ever tried setting EXIM_UID=0 EXIM_GID=xxx but it is possible
it might work...