Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: Mark Seuffert (Pirates)
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] How about a Virus filter?
On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Mark Seuffert (Pirates) wrote:
> Here I have two problems: 1. what does this "user=exim" really do? I
> think procmail should run under the ID of the specific user, where am I
> wrong?

user=exim

sets the effective UID of the delivery process to that of the user
specified (exim in this case). It should be set on most transports since
as far as I know only the localuser director defaults to the UID and GID
of the recipient (allowing it to open his or hers mail file for write
access).

If setting user= or group= of a director or transport you will have to
make sure that file permissions are set up accordingly.

Depending on your situation you may want to consider setting up:
user = $local_part

which attempts to change the process' effective UID to that of the
recipient. In that case you can let all affected files owned by their
"real owners" without changing ownership of those files to one 'user'.

I never used the pipe transport so far so I fear I cannot help you any
further on that particular point. I'm sure others will.

Good luck,
vt
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)

"In der Wueste wird Euch die Reinheit des Denkens naehren" A. Schoenberg