Re: [EXIM] chrooted environment

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Manar Hussain
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] chrooted environment
>Alternatives would be (a) to use a different config in the chrooted
>environment so that all mail was queued and then picked up by the
>queue runner in the normal environment or else (b) to set everything
>up completely separately, with separate queues, logs and binaries, and
>have a queue runner in the chrooted environment as well as the normal
>one.

We've run systems with chrooted and non-chrooted exim's for a long time
(until three weeks ago we still had a version of 0.56 running in a chroot
somewhere :). No real problems though we have never tried to chare
files/queues etc. between them. To be honest I'd be much happier having
distinct set-ups - it just strikes me that it's bound to wind up saving
you some agro at some point for no real cost. If you want to pass things
between the two I'd do it via smtp (with appropriate security) ...

Regards,

Manar